Monday, July 20, 2009

4th of July

So, you may or may not know this about me, but my all-time FAVORITE holiday is the "4th of July!" A little weird, I know, but I guess my love for the fourth all started back in my hometown of Seguin, when the entire town would gather for a huge red, white, and blue parade. We would pack a cooler of cokes, prop up our lawn chairs in the bed of Dad's truck and spend the morning watching the homemade floats drift by. I fell in love with all of it, the togetherness, the time spent with family, and the sense of patriotic pride. 
This year, we celebrated with our good friends, David and Tiff Miller, along with their three terrific kiddos, Jack, Gwyne and Liv. We did it all...we all wore our red, white, and blue, went swimming, enjoyed a good ole American BBQ, and finished off the night with beautiful fireworks! Enjoy this video of our Frisco Fourth! 

3 comments:

Mimi said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. We missed you in Seguin, but I am glad to see you are carrying on the family traditions..... minus the pistols!! Love Mom

Chandra said...

Okay...I love your videos and would love to learn how you did this. All of them are so cute: future boxer, ode to Daddy- So fun!

Unknown said...

That was great. So honored to be a part of your guest starring family on the 4th of July :) considering it's your favorite holiday.

You have to tell me what software you use; that was such a cool video.